You can easily add your twitter feed to your Moodle courses.
Twitter feeds can help you:
- Connect your courses to the real world
- Display up-to-date news from your organisation, conference or even
- Highlight additional resource
- Offering networking opportunities external to students’ studies
There are two parts to add a Twitter timeline to Moodle:
- Create a Twitter Widget in Twitter Widget Configurator which produces some HTML code.
- Add an HTML block containing the Widget HTML code to your Moodle module.
Part One: Getting the Widget Code from Twitter
Step 1: Login to your Twitter Account
Step 2: Go to https://twitter.com/settings/widgets/
Step 3: Click on Create New button
Step 4: Add your twitter handle (@nameofyourtwitteraccount)
Step 5: Choose the the layout you prefer and copy the code
Part Two: Adding a html block to your Moodle Course
Step 1: Open your Moodle Course
Step 2: Turn on editing
Step 3: Click on Add a block and choose html block
Step 4: Look for the <> button and paste the code
Step 5: Save and view your feed
See the steps in action in the video below